I’ve been eating asparagus more often because it’s easy to buy package-free. When I buy it, I immediately put the spears in a glass of water when I get home to keep them fresh. Here’s a delicious and easy recipe for enjoying asparagus this spring!
Roasted asparagus recipe
Adapted from Cafe Delites
1 bunch of asparagus spears, woody ends removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 cup shredded mild cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, gruyere, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with vegetable shortening.
- Arrange asparagus on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes until they’re just beginning to get tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and broil until the cheese melts and becomes golden (4-5 minutes).
- Serve immediately.