I haven’t made homemade granola in awhile because it’s so easy to buy in bulk. But I decided to do some spring cleaning and use up a bunch of seeds and nuts I had to make one last batch. This isn’t our usual recipe, but it turned out so well that my son told me to make this kind from now on! LOL It looks like I’ll be refilling all those jars after all…
Homemade granola recipe
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/4 cups sliced almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 tbsp hemp hearts
1 tbsp wheat germ
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a small bowl, stir together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and toss together until they’re evenly coated.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown. Stir mixture every 10-15 minutes so the mixture cooks evenly.
- Place baking sheet on a wire rack to cool. Granola will become crisp as it cools.
- Once completely cooled, stir in dried fruits if desired. Store in an airtight container. It will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks (assuming you don’t eat it all right away)!