These granola bars are delicious, healthy and so easy to make. While they’re not school-safe (they contain nuts), they’re great for a healthy snack on the go. And they’re perfect for summer cooking because you don’t need to bake them in the oven! We’ll definitely be packing these for picnics and hikes this summer 🙂
Granola bar recipe
Adapted from P&G Everyday’s Easy Berry Bars recipe
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pistachios
1/3 cup cranberries (or other dried fruit)
2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 cup honey
- Grease an 8”x8” glass baking dish with sunflower oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the honey.
- In a small saucepan, bring honey to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Be careful not to let honey burn.
- Pour the boiled honey over the nut-and-seed mixture and mix until combined.
- Press mixture into prepared pan and let cool in the fridge 1-2 hours before cutting.