For me, making delicious food is self-care, and this easy broccoli cheddar and potato soup is the ultimate comfort food 🤗
I woke up this morning with a sore throat and that nagging feeling I’m about to get sick 😔 So I took it easy all day and decided to make this yummy soup for dinner 😋 I paired it with a slice of bread that I baked yesterday.
This soup is super easy to make and only requires 6 ingredients, most of which I usually have on hand. I make the soup with zero waste by buying the broccoli, potatoes and onions without packaging; buying the cheese at a cheese counter using my own container; and refilling the olive oil and vegetable broth powder at a bulk store. After chopping the vegetables, I put the scraps in my compost bin 💚
What do you like to cook when you’re feeling under the weather? Please share your recommendations because I don’t think this soup will last long! 😂
Broccoli cheddar and potato soup recipe
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 medium potato, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
3 cups broccoli, chopped
3 cups vegetable stock
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté the onion for 5 to 7 minutes over low to medium heat.
- Add potatoes, broccoli and vegetable stock, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, then cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes until broccoli and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove mixture from the stovetop and allow to cool for a bit.
- If you have a handheld blender, add the shredded cheese to the pot and purée. Otherwise, pour the mixture with the shredded cheese into a food processor or blender and purée.